Friday, November 7, 2008

Last Blog!

Mario Savio’s article “An End to History” is not an article that would be considered disorganized. According to Winterowd's article on "Dispositio" it’s logically structured, going from one thought to another in a chronological manner. These thoughts are connected through implied transitions, which are necessary to create logical flow for the reader. However, it could also be said to have form based upon the images, ideas, metaphors, and allusions within the text; his allusion to “A Brave New World, etc. Overall this article seems to have form in a variety of ways derived from its structure and recognition from the reader.

I was potentially thinking about basing my project around AIDS and why it is so important for accurate information to be distributed for teachers in sex education classrooms, because so much of the information given out in schools is flawed. I don’t exactly know a certain question that I’m looking to center around, or even if this is a feasible idea, but one possible “real” form I was thinking about is creating a lesson plan for a lesson on AIDS in a health class. I would have to keep in mind what grade level of children I would want this lesson to be for, as well as the administration and other teachers who would see it. The genre form would need to be able to demonstrate the importance of AIDS information to students, as well as provide accurate and useful information.

2 comments:

ajax said...

Just like in my idea teaching children is often met with a lot of criticism. I think that you should think of an idea that really lets your audience know the importance of teaching aids to children otherwise it would just be another thing that should be better and more throughly taught but isn't. I do like the idea of a lesson plan, would you involve other forms of media within that as well?

Anonymous said...

I do like the idea of a lesson plan, AIDS is a serious issue that I do not feel is understood hardly at all, we still have so many people out there who still swear that swear this is a disease that only affects homosexuals. Another thing is how, I myself, feels as if AIDS has become more a joke now than an issue, I swear I hear an AIDS joke at least once a day. What I would suggest in the idea of doing a lesson plan is do a lot of the history and what is known about the disease, why it has been so hard to find a cure, how can it be prevented, and ultimately what can a person do to show support to a person that has the virus.